You are likely thinking- "Another blog? I've got enough to keep up with everyday, I don't have time to read another blog!" Well, let me share with you what my intentions are. It is not a blog about cooking, crafts, or my kiddos (although I think they are quite adorable and blog-worthy!) It is not about politics, entertainment, or funny things people are doing. It is also not about what I'm doing in my day-to-day life, although I know you are all dying to know what happened the last time I went to Target. I'll save that for Facebook updates.
This will be a place for me to share various insights and thoughts about following Jesus in a volatile world. I think the word volatile accurately describes this life we live on earth. "Lasting only a short while" and "liable to sudden, unpredictable, or explosive change" are two descriptions I find to be true. Our earthly life can be but a flash in the pan when we consider the scope of eternity. I'm trying to maintain God's perspective on life, and to accomplish what He has planned for me while I'm here by following Jesus, not simply believing in Him.
My punctuation isn't perfect. I'm sure my grammar is flawed from time to time as well. Let me assure you though, reading what comes out of my heart is far better than listening to me attempt to speak it. I was recently trying to share something in a discussion group at a Bible Study I attend and glanced around at the women's faces after I was finished speaking. I saw kind, but slightly confused faces and some blank stares.....ok, so nothing comes out right when I talk... I have found that I can communicate better through writing, so I'm giving it a shot. My hope is that God will use me to communicate truths that can help you gain understanding and grow closer to Him as I do the same. Thanks for reading!
Of course, I love raw writers and writing, so I'm following! It helps that we're friends and I really like you...so of course I'll follow!
ReplyDelete