It seems that there are at least two "realms" of existence… one of just-get-through-the-day busyness and the other of living out the purposes God specifically created you for. I don’t know about you, but I am quite familiar with trying to just make it through the day, then the next day, then the next, etc. The problem is, days just keep coming.
Boring days. Stressful days. Really awful days. Some OK days.
Nothing really changes much or gets better in that realm of existing. We exist to simply exist and survive. Not a very pleasant or fulfilling way to live, is it? If you feel like you are in that realm right now, I am sincerely asking you this question- how is it working for you?
I was recently in a conversation with someone who nearly sucked the life out of me. I’m sure you have had one of those conversations with someone as well. I say conversation, but it was more like I was simply an outlet for this woman to vent to about all her frustrations with life. Everything was awful (in her eyes.) Her physical condition, her lack of time to so things she wanted to do, her hours at work, what people in her life did or didn’t do for her. It went on and on. I didn’t say much at the time, I tried to dig some positive points out of her list and bring them to her attention, but she moved right along to the next problem. I left this conversation feeling so burdened with all her junk, I can’t imagine how she must feel inside! My heart was hurting for her. I wondered “Wow. How did she get like that?” and an even better question- “How can she change it?”
There are so many ways to tackle this topic. I’m not entirely sure where to begin. There’s just so much I want to write about it! This is something that God has been working out in my life over the past six months or so and I want to share lots of different thoughts and points with you that might lead you to a better understanding of living out your God-given purpose as well. Some may apply to you and some may not, but just stick with me.
So, I’m going to take my time with this and see where it goes. Stay tuned in to my next several posts as I explore various topics and subtopics that all point back to this---
Let’s stop wasting time coasting along and start living out our unique purposes.
No comments:
Post a Comment